- April 3, 2018
- Posted by: Evelyn Williams-Bustos
- Category: BritishAmerican Business, Press
BritishAmerican Business is Hiring a J-1 Visa Program Manager
The Manager oversees the J-1 Visa Program administered by BritishAmerican Business (BAB) to recruit and manage partners, liaise with the U.S. Department of State, field inquiries from candidates, manage documentation and collecting payments. BAB offers its J-1 Visa Program in the categories of “Intern” and “Trainee”. The J-1 visa is used for practical training and is only granted for temporary stays (a maximum 12 months for Interns and 18 months for Trainees).
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Oversee the allocation and compliance for 200+ visas per year, including multi-visa partnerships to ensure partnership agreements are fulfilled.
• Manage the BAB relationship with the U.S. Department of State to ensure continued compliance and good standing of the program.
• Evaluate applications and client readiness to ensure they meet regulation specifications.
• Collect all documentation and inputs data.
• Research latest trends in visa programs from the U.S. Government to ensure the organization has the most up to date information and can plan accordingly and answer inquiries.
• Support marketing initiatives for the J-1 Visa Program to boost visibility of BAB among competitor organizations.
• Plan and implement strategies to meet and exceed revenue goals for the J-1 Visa Program.
• Maintain the budget for the J-1 Visa Program, and collect payments.
• Answer inquiries by phone and email.
• Other duties, as assigned
This position requires acute attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work and motivate independently, interact professionally with the government officials, clients and colleagues at a senior level, and demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
• Time Management – individual must be able to handle multiple tasks and follow through on all.
• Organizational skills – individual must exhibit excellent planning skills necessary to achieve business goals and increase office efficiency.
• Strategic and critical thinking – individual must be able to think strategically and provide ideas to serve clients and achieve business goals.
• Communication – individual must have strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to clearly and concisely communicate in writing.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Understanding of the UK/US business culture is a plus
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years professional experience in logistical, professional, or customer facing role.
• Bachelors Degree.
• Experience with immigration visa programs preferred.
BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic business organization, dedicated to helping its members build their international business. BritishAmerican Business stands at the heart of the business relationship between the US and the UK and Continental Europe, with a membership of more than 500 companies and 6,000 executives in New York and London, and business networks covering 60 other European and American cities.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee and are subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.