- This event has passed.
BABC NETWORK EVENT: Episode 6 – Environmental Considerations in USMCA and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
July 9, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Hosted by BABC Michigan
Episode 6 – Environmental Considerations in USMCA and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
Thursday, July 09, 2020
4:00 – 5:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
The New NAFTA, known as USMCA (in U.S.), CUSMA (in Canada) and T-MEC (in Mexico), came into force on July 1, 2020. As the world focuses on business resumption and recovery in the wake of COVID-19, preparing for the new agreement will be critical for companies relying on North American supply and value chains.
This final Episode in our series will provide a detailed review of the Environmental Chapter and implications for North America. The innovative nature of the Chapter will lead to a discussion of the various inter-agency committees, sectoral working groups, and the 6-year review process to determine “What’s Next” for USMCA.
Our Speakers Include:
- Daniel Ujczo, Practice Group Chair, International and Regional Practices, Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Anna Maiuri, Practice Group Co-Chair, Environmental, Energy & Sustainability, Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Andrea Durkin, Principal of Sparkplug, LLC, and Editor-in-Chief of TradeVistas
- Christopher Sands, Director of the Canada Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and a Senior Research Professor at Johns Hopkins University’s Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced international Studies (SAIS)
- Gerald Schwebel, Executive Vice President, Corporate International Division, International Bank of Commerce
- Matthew Rooney, Managing Director, George W. Bush Institute – SMU Economic Growth Initiative, George W. Bush Presidential Center
This webinar is complimentary but registration is required.
Can’t attend at this date/time? Register anyway and we’ll send you the link to the recorded On Demand version after the event.